In iOS 15, Apple added separation alerts to the Discover My app, which let you already know if you depart an AirTag or different Apple machine behind. Due to an October 2021 firmware replace, AirPods Professional now additionally help separation alerts. This text explains extra about how they work and how one can set them up.
Known as “Notify When Left Behind,” the Discover My separation alerts in iOS 15 let you already know each time you might be separated out of your merchandise at an unknown location, which might be useful for objects you’re taking with you whereas touring or visiting public places. Like AirPods Professional, for instance.
The function mechanically units your private home as a Trusted Location (someplace the place you permit your AirPods Professional steadily and do not need to be notified each time), so it’s good to add your private home deal with to your contact card within the Contacts app earlier than enabling it.
To make use of separation alerts with AirPods Professional, first you will want to ensure your AirPods Professional have been up to date with the most recent firmware. This is how.
Replace Your AirPods Professional Firmware
You are able to do this by inserting them within the AirPods Professional charging case and connecting the case to an influence supply utilizing the included Lightning to USB cable. Then transfer the iPhone or iPad that the AirPods have been paired with, close to to the charging case, and ensure the iOS machine has an web connection.
After a short time, any obtainable software program updates must be mechanically downloaded and put in. When you’re having bother updating your AirPods, ensure the charging case is absolutely charged. You can too strive resetting the AirPods. You want AirPods firmware 4A400 or later, and may test your firmware model by following these steps:
- Join your AirPods or AirPods Professional to your iOS machine.
- Open the Settings app.
- Faucet Normal.
- Faucet About.
- Faucet AirPods.
- Take a look at the quantity subsequent to “Firmware Model.”
Allow Separation Alerts for AirPods Professional
The next steps run via the method of organising separation alerts in iOS 15 for AirPods Professional with up to date firmware.
- Launch the Discover My app in your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose the Gadgets, and faucet the AirPods Professional within the checklist that you simply need to arrange the alerts for.
- Faucet Notify When Left Behind.
- Toggle on the change for Notify When Left Behind.
- Below “Notify Me, Besides At,” faucet New Location to set a Trusted Location the place you do not need to obtain alerts.
- Within the “Add Location” map display, search or enter an deal with within the enter area. You’ll be able to outline the radius of the ringed geofence in your trusted location by dragging the blue dot or utilizing the Small, Medium, or Giant choices on the backside. Faucet Completed if you’re completed.
- If there are not any extra location exceptions you need to add, faucet Completed.
Now the following time you permit your AirPods Professional behind in a public place, you will obtain an alert informing you shortly after, providing you with an opportunity to retrieve them earlier than you journey any additional.
In fact, these alerts rely upon you not leaving your iPhone behind (there’s at present no equal separation alert obtainable on Apple Look ahead to this state of affairs), so that is the machine you will not need to overlook, wherever it’s you go.