Apple’s official public launch of macOS Monterey is ready to happen on Monday, October 25, just some days after Apple launched the second launch candidate to builders and per week after its “Unleashed” media occasion.
Builders are busy placing the ending touches on their apps to benefit from new options in macOS Monterey and assist the brand new MacBook Professional fashions with Apple’s new high-end M1 Professional and M1 Max chips and a notched show, and lots of customers shall be trying to replace their Macs as quickly as Monterey is accessible.
Though Apple has not shared an actual time for the discharge of macOS Monterey, we are able to make some educated guesses based mostly on Apple’s localized websites for numerous international locations and previous releases.
Whereas Apple lists the discharge date as October 25 in a lot of the world, localized websites for some international locations within the Japanese Hemisphere listing the launch date as October 26, because the launch time will come at or after midnight in these international locations.
Notably, Apple lists a launch date of October 25 on its Indian web site, whereas its Thai web site lists an October 26 launch date.
On condition that these two international locations are 90 minutes aside by time zones, that pins issues down comparatively carefully, pointing to a window between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. The probably launch time in that window could be 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time, which is a standard launch time for Apple. A launch at the moment would correspond to 10:30 p.m. on October 25 in India and midnight on October 26 in Thailand. This identical technique has precisely predicted the discharge occasions for quite a few main working system updates from Apple, including macOS Big Sur last year.
It is value noting that Apple’s launch occasions do typically range a bit and it may well take a little bit of time for the updates to propagate throughout Apple’s servers and change into out there to all customers, so the ten:00 a.m. estimate is solely that – an estimate.
Apple has additionally indicated that it will likely be releasing iOS 15.1, iPadOS 15.1, watchOS 8.1, tvOS 15.1, and HomePod software program 15.1 through the week of October 25, however the firm doesn’t seem to have specified an actual day for these releases. There are some cross-platform options which means it could be logical for Apple to launch all of its updates on the identical time, however we’ll have to attend and see what Apple’s plans are.
There are after all no ensures Apple will persist with its normal launch timing with macOS Monterey, however given our greatest guess of 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time launch, this is a breakdown of what that corresponds to in different time zones in america and around the globe:
- Honolulu, Hawaii — 7:00 a.m. HST
- Anchorage, Alaska — 9:00 a.m. AKDT
- Cupertino, California — 10:00 a.m. PDT
- Vancouver, Canada — 10:00 a.m. PDT
- Phoenix, Arizona — 10:00 a.m. MST
- Denver, Colorado — 11:00 a.m. MDT
- Chicago, Illinois — 12:00 midday. CDT
- New York, New York — 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Toronto, Canada — 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Halifax, Canada — 2:00 p.m. ADT
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil — 2:00 p.m. BRT
- London, United Kingdom — 6:00 p.m. BST
- Berlin, Germany — 7:00 p.m. CEST
- Paris, France — 7:00 p.m. CEST
- Cape City, South Africa — 7:00 p.m. SAST
- Helsinki, Finland — 8:00 p.m. EEST
- Moscow, Russia — 8:00 p.m. MSK
- Istanbul, Turkey — 8:00 p.m. TRT
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates — 9:00 p.m. GST
- Delhi, India — 10:30 p.m. IST
- Jakarta, Indonesia — 12:00 midnight WIB subsequent day
- Shanghai, China — 1:00 a.m. CST subsequent day
- Singapore — 1:00 a.m. SGT subsequent day
- Perth, Australia — 1:00 a.m. AWST subsequent day
- Hong Kong — 1:00 a.m. HKT subsequent day
- Seoul, South Korea — 2:00 a.m. KST subsequent day
- Tokyo, Japan — 2:00 a.m. JST subsequent day
- Brisbane, Australia – 3:00 a.m. AEST subsequent day
- Adelaide, Australia — 3:30 a.m. ACDT subsequent day
- Sydney, Australia — 4:00 a.m. AEDT subsequent day
- Auckland, New Zealand — 6:00 a.m. NZDT subsequent day
macOS Monterey is appropriate with most of the Macs that had been capable of run macOS Large Sur, but it surely drops assist for some older MacBook Air and iMac fashions from 2013 and 2014 in addition to the 2015 MacBook. Appropriate machines are outlined beneath:
- Early 2016 and later MacBook
- Early 2015 and later MacBook Air
- Early 2015 and later MacBook Professional
- Late 2015 and later iMac
- 2017 and later iMac Professional
- Late 2014 and later Mac mini
- Late 2013 and later Mac Professional
For all the particulars on what’s new in macOS Monterey, ensure that to take a look at our roundup which affords a radical take a look at the updates to key apps, visible adjustments, and different new options.